Sunday, November 18, 2007

What to do with all the junk?

I am relieved to report that we saw our last movie of the St. Louis International Film Festival tonight. (Fine Dead Girls, which is cool. Wal's got another batch of reviews up, and will have a final one up soon, and then my reactions.)

Today we had one of the most productive days in a long time. We hung out with my family and wal's, got some quality pet time in, and I got a lot of organizing and cleaning done around the apartment.

I now have a box of things I'm going to get rid of, but I'm still not sure how I'm going to divy things up between FreeCycle, Craigslist, Goodwill, friends/family, and the holiday giving group on live journal. My preference would be to give it all to people who would use it specifically, but I spent a lot on shipping packages last year for "holiday giving," and that was kind of a pain.

I'm pretty impatient with getting rid of stuff, and it's only a box or two, not nearly enough for garage sale type of thing.

I was thinking that I might make a website to put up the things I'm offering. I would send it to anyone probably for free if they pay the shipping, and to people I know / select / think need it otherwise.

Anyone go through this from moving, or have any ideas?

No comments: