Sunday, November 4, 2007

With a bit of a mind flip, you're into the time slip...

Oh, small city that thinks it's badass, how is it that you sell out the RHPS midnight movie, yet the only people in full costume are the cast? [sigh] The group performing prohibits anyone bringing their own props (we! were! patted! down!), so they can sell them to you. It weird having props in the hands of "virgins" who had no idea when to use them. The guy next to me only made use of the ones I cued him to use (or got in three minutes late on the action, after digging around in the bags).

As pictured below, I dorked it out as a Transylvanian, although I took off the Dora-the-Explorer party hat for this picture (WHY, WALMART, WHY? It was that, or Cars.) Sadly you cannot see the mary-janes-with-white-socks awesomeness in this photo.

I stopped at Walmart for the aforementioned party hats and some white gloves, and the checkout guy was all, "Gee, it sure is getting cold out there," as he rung up the gloves. aaah, wonderful. No, I really dress like this in public all the time - I'm just a bow-tie person. Thanks!

I went with a fun group, and we tried to go to a nearby diner afterward...unfortunately, this put us at the most crowded hours for diners on a Satuday night, so we had to resort to Steak n Shake. It was good to see them, and it was good to get out and do something fun once in awhile!

Wal and I debated how pictures fit into the desired anonymity of the blog - he approved me using that one yesterday, and today I decided, well, screw it. Anyone who knows me in real life has seen pictures so much dumber on facebook, so... whatever. It's not like I'm going to run for office.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Great Transylvanian outfit.

I've been invited to see the cast in St. Pete Beach numerous times, but the 45 minute drive home at 2:30am is not one I've wanted to do.

Back in the day, I had my bag of tricks: bags of rice, water pistol, lighter, tp, toast and a paper.

That man has no f'ing neck!